Thursday 3 May 2007

Free Comic Book Day

NOTE TO ALL THOSE ARRIVING HERE FROM THE LONDONIST - THIS IS A POST FROM 2007. THERE IS A FREE COMIC BOOK DAY IN 2011, BUT YOU WON'T FIND ANY OF THE COMICS LISTED BELOW IN YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD COMIC SHOP. CHEERS!

Hooray, hooray, it's almost Free Comic Book Day.

I don't know if they have a slogan for the event yet, if not I'd recommend this from James Kochalka's brilliant book Superfuckers...

Can't say fairer than that.

Anyway preparations are underway at Orbital comics in London where the staff tell me they will have 30 different titles to give away on Saturday. All you have to do is visit the shop, buy a comic or two from the racks and they'll give you a whole heap of free ones to take home as well.

I'll obviously be picking up as many different books as I can, but these two are top of my list..

The first issue of Robert Kirkman's new book for Image. If its even a 10th as good as The Walking Dead or Invincible it'll be worth picking up on a regular basis.

I have no idea who is behind this, but I'm sold already.

You can see a full list of the free comics and check where your nearest participating comic book store is here

Enjoy.

No comments: