Thursday 7 June 2007

dvd shopping

Well now let's see, what's to say today? I bought myself a couple of DVD box sets in HMV. Now that's something I haven't done for a while. Obviously like most people out there I don't buy many dvds anymore - not when my friend Mr Bittorrent can supply me with most of the things I want to watch.

When I do cough up for dvds I certainly don't buy them from bricks and mortar shops. I think these are the first dvds I've bought from a high street store in about two years.

Anyway I thought the box set of the Back to the Future trilogy and the complete Christopher Reeve Superman box set were quite cheap all things considered. I've been wanting to watch the Donner cut of Superman II for a while, so I thought I might as well buy the lot given they were in one of HMV's now permanent dvd sales.

I actually quite like Superman III, or at least I have fond memories of watching it as a kid. Never seen the fourth one. I'm sure it's as bad as everyone says.

Big Back to the Future fan - well of the first two films. I haven't watched the third one since it came out, I remember HATING it at the time. Perhaps it will look better now that I'm an adult.

Almost bought a third box set. The Die Hard trilogy for £10! That is a bargain, but it's new comic day tomorrow so I have to keep some spending money aside.

Of course with a baby on the way, all this disposable income malarkey is going down the tubes come October.

************************************************************************************

Is the fellow in the blue suit underneath this post trying to steal that desk?

No comments: