Tuesday 4 September 2007

Action Comics #855

OK I'm not going to get involved with all the brooha about continuity. You know the score: The square Bizarro World doesn't exist anymore, Jor-El only does the whole crystal shit from beyond the grave in the movies. Da-de-da-de-da.

And as much as I love the art (yup that Eric Powell fella does a mean golden age Supes, And yup, he's also the perfect choice to do a Bizarro story) I'm not going to bang on about that either.

I'm not even going to say much about Geoff Johns' script (not as good as Sinestro Corps, but still pretty good) or the fact that Richard Donner is co-writing Action comics (hence the aforementioned gubbins with Jor-El and the crystals).

No....I'm not going to talk about any of that, because the only thing really worth talking about in Action Comics #855 is the appearance of Superman's interstellar rocket...



I have the Corgi toy of this ship. Bought, I hasten to add, with my pocket money in 1979.

Here 'tis....


Obviously I nerdgasmed when I saw it in the comic. Just a shame that the comic version doesn't have the pop-out fists.

Ahhhh, the sweet whiff of nostalgia. Pass the tissues.

PS. I bagged, boarded and boxed two months worth of comics tonight. That shit is enough to put anyone off collecting for life.

No comments: