Wednesday 26 September 2007

Steve Ditko

You know I was 15 in 1987, but had I been standing on the streets of New York as this float passed by I think I still would've pissed my pants with excitement.




Of course the absence of Spidey would have upset me, as it no doubt has you. So now, if you haven't already seen it, I present Jonathan Ross' documentary on Steve Ditko (in 7 parts) it features LOTS of Spidey.

Other highlights include Alan Moore's song about Mr A and a brief tour around Ross's comic room - GASP! He has all his comics on SHELVES! No boxes, and just how much cash has he spent on mylar? That shit ain't cheap baby. I love the part where he pulls House of Secrets #92 (first appearance of Swamp Thing) out to sage "aahs" and "oohs" from Gambo and Millar. Ha-Ha NERDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSS. Also, check out the way he blithely tosses that copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 about.

And for great analysis of comics you really can't beat the collective nerd love-in over Amazing Spider-Man #33. Top stuff. Enjoy













3 comments:

mr wheatley said...

damn ross's copywrite men have already removed them!

Dom Sutton said...

gahhh curse the BBC. I hope some people managed to watch the vids before they were removed.

Anonymous said...

A pox on all their festering hides!
Whats the point in removing the fuckin things if their not even available under any circumstances to the general public. You cant buy them, watch them or appreciate them if they are property of some broadacasting corporation doing fuck all but sitting on some virtual shelf.