Thursday 1 May 2008

Inside London Loves Comics!

The best thing about my new house is that I have a room of my own.

Glory! At last a place to shove the mounds of comic and fantasy related tat which I insist on hoarding.

Here it is...

On your right is the chair I sit in to make the LLC magic happen. To the left of that is "Christmas" my ficus, which (as the name suggests) doubles as a Christmas tree in the festive season.

Behind Christmas is a bookcase full of exciting graphic novels...

I'm gathering more of these as I get older and will soon need a second bookcase. I'm quite happy about this as they look pretty, unlike the longboxes which flank three sides of the room...

That's five of the buggers. I'm ashamed to say there are 15 in total, all pretty much full to bursting with floppies.

In the corner there's a cupboard where my British comics (2000AD, Eagle, Scream and The Crunch) can quietly turn yellow...

and in a cupboard above that my collection of old boardgames gathers dust alongside an unimpressive smattering of Heroclix...


Up on the wall is my original page from Marvel Zombies number #1 by Sean Phillips. No zombies, but I liked the image of Magneto and Cap's shield enough to buy it.

And there you have it, my comics room. Marvellous.

No comments: