Tuesday 3 June 2008

Afternoon shorts

Anyone out there still struggling to make sense of Final Crisis #1? Check out THIS BLOG

I have a feeling I'll be referring to this until the bitter end.

**************************************************************************************

Finally got round to reading the first three issues of Garth Ennis and Howard Chaykin's War Is Hell. Wow! Great stuff. I've dropped The Boys and my interest in Dan Dare is waning, but War is Hell serves as a reminder of just how good Garth Ennis can be.

I wonder if it was Ennis or Chaykin who was responsible for this idea...


Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like an example of memento mori, which would be wholly appropriate given the ever present spectre of death that haunts the pilots in the story.

*************************************************************************************

The lads at Comics Daily are really on their A game at the moment. I don't always agree with their opinions, but their reviews are some of the most articulate and well considered I've found on the internet. Check them out HERE.

No comments: