Monday 17 November 2008

Ghost Rider v The Orb

So, I keep hearing that Jason Aaron's take on Ghost Rider is D@ BOMBZ! 

Fair enough, Mr Aaron is indeed a very fine writer of comic books who, from what I've been told, has come up with a suitably high-octane dose of Hell-fired moto-madness.

But tell me, is there really anything in it to compare with that time that Johnny Blaze beat the shit out of a stuntbike riding eyeball?





Props to artist Bob Brown for making an eyeball look scared. 

Scans from Ghost Rider 15, reprinted in Essential Ghost Rider volume one

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS THE BEST THING EVER

CAPS LOCK KID

Mr A. P. Salmond, esq. said...

What if I were to tell you that Aaron has brought back The Orb? Okay, he's all kinda demonically powered now, but he's still The Orb!

Anonymous said...

No way!

OK, I am so buying the Aaron trade.

Dom

Anonymous said...

Have any of you ever seen his real face??
I think it is revealed in one of the classic Spider-man Team ups.

EEeuuugh! I liked the huge eye better!
If you find it can you put it up Dom?

D

Dom Sutton said...

D - His face is revealed in the very panel after the last one I scanned in. It's not too horrific.