Monday 18 May 2009

Dull Lists

Didn't make the mart yesterday. I dunno, I work on Sunday afternoons, and to get to the mart I would've had to get out of the house quite early and leave the missus holding the baby for even longer than normal. She was knackered as it was, and it felt a bit out of order to go rifling around for old comics under the circumstances. Maybe next time.

There is still quite a bit of stuff I want to get which I'm hoping will turn up at the marts. I'm determined to read Hellblazer in its entirety from start to finish without resorting to torrents, but am rapidly finding that the issues which haven't been collected are quite tricky to find. Issue #27 (the first in my list of untraded issues) is a Neil Gaiman one shot and seems to be ridiculously expensive. Bah! I'll find it for pennies in the end. Then there's the 10 missing copies of Uncanny X-Men (95, 100-107 and 137) which I need to complete my run from #94 - 200. The five missing copies (1, 2, 4, 5 and 9) of Perez and Wolfman's first run on Teen Titans, and the four issues of Crisis (46-49) that collect Grant Morrison and Steve Yeowell's Young Hitler story.

On top of that, I'd like to finish up my run of The Crunch, pick up issue 3 of Dice Man and find NM copies of the Deluxe Marvel Handbook (13, 14 and 20) which would complete my near pristine collection of that particular 80s classic. Of course I also have an eye open for issues of the Fighting Fantasy mag, Warlock and am four issues away from completing my run of Scream (the issues which I have were all bought by me at the time of their release by the way). 

So there you go, there are many reasons for me to attend the next mart, but family life does impact on my nerd time. So it goes.

1 comment:

Mr A. P. Salmond, esq. said...

The Gaiman one-shot is available in two out of sequence collections: Neil Gaiman's Midnight Days TP or Constantine: The Hellblazer Collection (movie tie-in). Midnight Days would be the more interesting of the two collections and then you don't have to put up with the pants movie adaptation.