Tuesday 2 June 2009

Early morning rant of an exhausted bloater

Call me a maudlin old man if you will, but I'm telling you: "Fings was better in the olden days!"
Tis true!
Come, feast your bleary eyes on this selection of magical stuff 'n' that torn from a single page of an olden days comic...

THE WONDER TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!1


FREE SECRETS!!!!!!!!!!1


LINCOLN ARM WRESTLING WITH AN INJUN!!!!!!!!!!1

Scans from The Brave and The Bold #148 which was published in 1979 and sports this cover...

..despite the fact that it came out in March!

Man, they just didn't give a fuck did they?

2 comments:

Hurk said...

I wish i had a gadget jacket now.
I really believed in that stuff when i was a real kid- i believed in Big Daddy the wrestler too. I always thought 'He's like a super-hero with his power-belly and all that, why does'nt he go out and fight crime??'
Things WERE better back then.

mr wheatley said...

we were better