Tuesday 25 August 2009

Since when did Mr Fantastic look like a Chippendale?

I'm dropping Fantastic Four this week, not because I think the new creative team of Hickman and Eaglesham will be shit or anything, I'm just making an attempt to cut back on my single issue habit at the moment, and this seems like a good jumping off point.

Anyway, I'll probably end up checking the new stuff in trade if it's well received, although I must admit that Marvel's preview pages fro the new series have me a little worried from an artistic standpoint. I mean, call me old fashioned, but Reed should not look as ripped as this...

Alright, so Jack Kirby never drew him as a seven-stone weakling, but Reed shouldn't look like bodybuilder. Of course this being a preview page, this could just be some alternate universe Reed, but if it's not, then I don't like it. So there.

No comments: